Join us for an in-person Future of Being Human meetup at 2:00 PM on January 26 on the ASU campus in Tempe, where we’ll be discussing ChatGPT and what it and similar machine learning-based language models might mean for the future of being human.
Date: January 26, 2022
Time: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Location: Room 102, ISTB10 (formerly Wrigley Hall)
Address: 800 S Cady Mall, Tempe AZ 85287-6002
There’s a lot been written about ChatGPT — these are just a few potentially interesting starting points:
- ChatGPT web page
- ChatGPT: Everything You Really Need To Know (In Simple Terms) (Forbes)
- Abstracts written by ChatGPT fool scientists (Nature News)
- The College Essay Is Dead (The Atlantic)
- Don’t Ban ChatGPT in Schools. Teach With It (New York Times)
- I asked Open AI’s ChatGPT about responsible innovation. This is what I got
About Future of Being Human meetups
Future of Being Human meetups are informal and lively meetings where attendees get the opportunity to connect with others and discuss different aspects of being human in a technologically complex future. Anyone who is curious about the future, is excited to discuss it with others, and is willing to explore bold and audacious ideas in casual environment, is very welcome to join us, whether you are part of the ASU community, or simply someone who’s looking for engaging conversations about the future!
Future of Being Human meetups are open to anyone, whether you’re at ASU or not — just come along and bring your ideas, your mind, and your curiosity! Space is limited, so please come early to guarantee your spot.
Meetups are guided by the Future of Being Human Guiding Principles, as well as “three do’s and a don’t” to facilitate open, inclusive and creative discussion:
- Do come ready to enjoy, learn from, and be inspired by, a diversity of ideas, perspectives and ways of seeing and understanding the world.
- Do practice a yes-and attitude as you affirm and build on the perspectives and ideas of others.
- Do find value in the company and the conversation.
- Don’t academic-splain!